My specialty is speaking to issues associated with the role of leadership in creating a great culture in an organization. I also study and speak on organizational risk management, preparing an organization to be more agile and responsive to change, and to be more innovative and creative. Additionally, I study and speak on developing character and more ethical behavior. In all these areas, I bring my experience as a career SEAL officer to speak to the topics, as well as the enormous amount I’ve learned working in the private sector since leaving the Navy.
- Creating an Elite Corporate Culture
- Creating Buy-in and ownership – how to change your culture
- Creating a more innovative and creative culture
- Agility – preparing your team for chaos and disruption
- Risk Management and Safety – lessons learned from Navy SEALs
- How the best leaders lead – from behind
- Developing a Personal Ethos
I believe it is important to challenge accepted orthodoxy, and provoke looking at everyday situations from a different perspective.
I also belive it is important to entertain as well as edify. I teach by story telling. And then linking those stories to the challenges specific to the audience or to challenges we all face in living our lives in a busy and complex society.